Tae Kwon-Do Oath
As a student of Tae Kwon-Do, I do solemnly pledge to abide by the rules and regulations of the Tae Kwon-Do Association, to strive always to be modest, courteous and respectful to all members, in particular my seniors, to put the art into use only for self defence or defence of the weak and never to abuse my knowledge of the art.
Conduct in the Dojang
Every student must observe the following conduct in the Dojang in order to maintain an orderly and effective training hall.
- Bow upon entering
- Bow to the Instructor at a proper distance
- Exchange greetings between students
- Bow to Instructor upon forming a line prior to training
- Bow to the Instructor upon forming a line prior to dismissal
- Bow before leaving the Dojang.
10 Points to becoming a good student
- Never tire of learning; a student must always be eager to learn and ask questions. A good student can learn anywhere anytime. This is the secret of knowledge.
- A good student must be willing to sacrifice for his art and his Instructor. Many students feel that their training is a commodity bought with monthly fees, and are unwilling to take part in any demonstrations, teaching, or work around the Dojang. An instructor can afford to lose this type of student.
- Always set a good example to lower ranking students. It is only natural that they attempt to emulate their seniors.
- Always be loyal and never criticise the Instructor, Tae Kwon-do, or the teaching methods.
- If an Instructor teaches a technique, practise it and attempt to utilise it.
- Remember that a student’s conduct outside the Dojang reflects on the Art and on their Instructor.
- If a student adopts a technique from another Dojang and the Instructor disapproves of it, the student must discard it immediately, or train in the Dojang where it was learnt.
- Never be disrespectful to the Instructor, although a student’ s allowed to disagree with the Instructor, he must first follow the Instruction, then discuss the matter later.
- Always arrive before training is due to start, and ensure that you have a good attendance record.
- Never break a trust.
Rules and Regulations
- All students must complete and sign the relevant application forms prior to commencing training.
- All students must be in possession of a T.A.G.B. membership and record card after their first four weeks training.
- Subscriptions to be paid in the first week of every month. Failure to do so will incur a penalty fee.
- The build up of arrears is NOT ACCEPTED.
- One month’s prior notice must be given for adjustment of fees owing to holidays etc.
- Any student not attending lessons and not paying fees for a continuous period of 2 months or more, shall pay a re enrolment fee before being allowed to re commence training.
- No smoking, eating, drinking or wearing of jewellery, rings etc. in the dojang is permitted.
- Whilst wearing a dobok NO SMOKING is permitted regardless of the place. (dojang, tournament, demonstration etc.)
- When eating or drinking whilst wearing a dobok your belt must be removed.
- After the first grading a dobok must be worn during training in the dojang, wearing tracksuits or outside clothes is not permitted, unless prior permission has been obtained from the Instructor.
- The most senior member present will commence training sessions promptly until the Instructor arrives.
- Misuse of the Art will result in disciplinary action.
Grading will depend on attendance and the Instructors discretion as well as technical ability.
- No student may officially change schools without completing a transfer form and obtaining prior permission from both Instructors concerned.
- All students should be in possession of a Students Handbook after their first grading.